Bukit Aup Jubilee Park
Bukit Aup Jubilee Park which is located 10km from Sibu town in Sarawak is a public park build for leisure activities for the Sibu community and also visitors to Sibu. The Park which was the winner of 1998 National Landscaping Competition of Public Park was opened to the public in March 1993.
The park opened daily from 8.00 am till 6.00 pm for the public to enjoy the scenic view of the Igan River and the rustic country side. These 24 acres of undulating land with the highest peak stood at 59m above sea level is a popular site for sightseeing, picnics, jogging or just enjoy the view.
The journey to the park which is located on the right side of Jalan Bukit Aup-Rantau Panjang is 15 minute drive from Sibu town.
You can get a ride from one of the taxi available around Sibu town or board a local bus at the local bus station located opposite the Express Boat Wharf at Jalan Khoo Peng Loong.
Bukit Aup itself is considered a scared place by the Iban Community. The place was a traditional burial ground for the Iban warrior. The remains of these warriors were relocated to the nearby Iban Kampung to make way for development of the site.
The Iban community still to this day, bring offering to the benevolent spirit, Nanga Bari, which they believed could help people in need. You can see a number of offering hanging from bamboo pole around the tower at the peak.
As the site was intended for public usage, various facilities and features was built within the park. The park is becoming a popular site for sight-seeing, picnics and jogging.
- A number of picnic huts could be found strategically located around the park for public usage.
- A suspension bridge was to provide an exciting crossing over a small lake in the park.
- Jogging and walking trails was built within the park, providing an orderly and convenience to park users.
- There is the children playground, observation tower and also an amphitheatre.
- There is also a canteen at the park selling food and drinks.
- There are ample parking spaces at the park.
The beautiful scenery and unique building structure in the Park provide a good venue for photography.
- CompanyBukit Aup Jubilee Park
- Category Attractions
- Location Sibu, Sarawak
- Tag Attractions in Sarawak, Attractions in Sibu, Bukit Aup Jubilee Park, Things to do in Malaysia
96000 Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia